Saturday, February 9, 2013

Returning To A Mess



So while we were enjoying our lovely vacation in Hawaii we learned that Dennis is being transferred to San Diego.  I have been waiting for 6 years (note I did not say I waited patiently...my poor husband) to move back to California, so needless to say I was thrilled.  Problem is that we didn't have paperwork making this transfer official, at least not until about two weeks ago.  If you are familiar with the military moving system, than you already know that unless you have orders you can't do a damn thing.  All the money to fund the move is attached to those orders.

We got back from Hawaii on the 18th of January, we knew we were going to have to be in San Diego by the 1st of April.  Even with orders 2.5 months is a short amount of time arrange a move across the country!  Finally at the end of January the orders came in, the race has begun!!!

I have feverishly worked on what we can schedule thus far.  There seems to be about a bizzillion things to do.  First on my checklist is the list of medical crap to be completed.  Tball and I are both what they call "Exceptional Family Members."  It is because we are awesome!!!  Appointment, scans and referrals.  Ugh, a pain but a must.  My least favorite is Tball's MRI, which they will have to sedate him.  If you have ever had to give an IV to a two yr old, you know it ain't fun.  As a parent you have to be the one to hold them down as the nurses (or as I like to call them, heroes) try to get the catheter into your fluffy (that's how they describe Tball) boy.  To make it worse Tball is crying and pleading with you to make them stop.  I can take the crying, but the pleading takes it to a whole new level.

Second on the list is to find a new place to live.  I'm making the pilgrimage to America's finest city (move over Barnum and Baileys, San Diego has stolen your position as the Greatest Place On Earth (yes I know it's Show, but that doesn't work now does it?)) next week.  Our pre-approval is set and our real estate agent has lined up slew of homes for me to look at.  I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous.  It's a big purchase and I have every intention on making this our forever home...unless I win the lottery and than in that case I'm moving to Coronado.

Last is the logistics of it all.  The packing here in DC and getting our condo painted, cleaned and rented.  Selling Dennis' car here and buying him the Toyota truck that he longs for in San Diego.  I made him sell his old truck 4 years ago since it was impractical with kids.  I don't think he has fully forgiven me for that yet.  Getting Budgie prepared for her last day of Pre-K.  I have no concerns about her education, but I kind of feel bad that we have to pull her out two months early and she won't get to finish with her friends.    Oh and there is the logistics of getting us all across the country.  We are road tripping  it, so wish us luck!  BTW, to my friends and family from Missouri, we will be rolling thru in late March.  Look for the crazy women riding in a overstuffed van with two tots and a cat!

In the mean time we are also focusing on the day to day stuff.  Biggest non moving item on the list is BUDGIE's BIRTHDAY!!!  My little girl turns 5 this week.  Wow!  My little 8.5 lb (yes I have BIG babies) fuss budget is now a tall, sweet, smart and inquisitive young girl.  It is amazing to watch children grow.



Budgie at birth
First Birthday

at 3
Budgie at 2

Budgie at 4


And now


I love this kid!!!





   

1 comment:

  1. If you can stop in late March, just call, or email! I'd love to see you and your adorable kiddos.

    ReplyDelete