Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hawaii Part 2

So where did I leave off....?  Oh right Dennis and I got two nights kids free!  It don't get no better than that.  I won't bore you with the details, we basically maxed our relaxation efforts.  Thanks Mom and Dad for watching the rug rats for us!!


Is that adult beverages I see???

I don't think Budgie and Tball suffered much from our absence.  Nini and PopPop spoiled them.  Took them to Sea Life park, fed them pizza and pretty much let them do as they pleased, just like grandparents are suppose to do.

We met up again with the kiddos at the Hale Koa pool.  Pool was warm and the kids loved it.  We splashed about for an hour or so until the kids were ready to head home.


                      
 We had one big thing to do when we got back from our mini vacation within a vacation. Any one visiting Hawaii has to go to Motsumoto's for Hawaiian shave ice.  Monday morning we headed for the North Shore.  It was drizzly and gray the whole day thru.  You would have thought the weather would have deterred the crowd at Motsumoto's, but still had a fairly decent line.  We got the li hing mui flavor (also an absolute must) and dived in.  Sorry no photos of this car trip as I was to busy stuffing my face.  I asked Budgie what she thought, reply was that it was very cold.  Who knew?

We only had a few days left in Hawaii, so we tried to soak up the warm weather the best we could.  We took the kids out to the beach in Kilua.  The view was amazing and the kids could have spent all day playing in the sand.  What fun!





The beach shower was great fun. 

One of the last things we did was take the kids to the Honolulu Zoo.  Mom and I ran down there for a few hours to see the animals.  They have a great little kids area with a small petting zoo.  The kids favorite spot was the fish tank that has a tunnel thru it.

I'm not sure why but I have no pictures of any animals except my own monkeys.












Oh I almost forgot.  We did have to make a quick stop for some Hawaiian style breakfast.  The Monty Python skit with SPAM comes to mind....mmmm SPAM!
Excited!!
Maybe not as excited as Budgie and Mama or just really serious about the arrival of his food.
Budgie with her plate of banana crepes completely decimated.

Possibly more of a local boy than we know.  Tball couldn't get enough of SPAM with coconut syrup.  That's my boy.


After about 10 days I was ready to get home, but I have to say it is my favorite trip to the islands to date.  The plane left late in the evening.  Kids were surprisingly well behaved....it helped that they were asleep for pretty much the entire 9 hour flight.

They had such a good time and were so punch drunk at the airport. They were all huggy and stuff!


This was dinner our first night home.  We did our best to keep him awake and get him back on east coast time.  FAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment